Small dog head/face

Started by Mujician, August 10, 2015, 11:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mujician

I had a go at a dog face for a bottle topper today - This is my first attempt at making any kind of animal without following a tutorial. I had some inspiration of what I wanted to achieve from youtube. but as you can see it doesn't sit quite right on the bottle.
I think i need an extra pinch twist at the back maybe so the cheeks/jowels down and the eyes up.  I think maybe his lower jaw is a bit too big as well. Any tips/help?

Mujician

I managed to get the nose looking better which I'm very happy about. I put a pinch twist at the back of it's head and the eyes sit better (I think they need to be smaller - what do you think?) but the cheeks still look like ears. Do you think it best to forget about the cheeks/jowls, or can anyone make a suggestion to improve it?

Graham Lee

If you add two bubbles above the cheeks in mocha and put a pinch twist at the top you can then attach the eyes in front of those two bubbles and the ears can attach to the pinch twist.
"Lets Improve Our Art"
Balloon Excellence 2012 Award Winner
For Services to the Balloon Community.
https://www.balloonartwholesale.co.uk
http://www.sempertexballoons.co.uk

Areyouhappydad

I would make the cheeks much smaller, almost pinch twists really rather than loops. Also, make the lower part of the mouth much softer and a bit smaller. This should lower the face a bit. Here is my dog, which I guess is the one you saw on YouTube.
Kindest Regards
Stuart

We all have our cross to bear, but some of us need more wood than others!

Areyouhappydad

Also, try making the eyes by just making two bubbles, tying both ends together and wrapping the nozzle around the mouth to secure,m rather than pinch twisting which usually means the attachment point for the eyes ends up in the middle of the eye and automatically flattens them when attached.
Otherwise, great first go.  :D
Kindest Regards
Stuart

We all have our cross to bear, but some of us need more wood than others!

Mujician

Thanks both